Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, popularly known as The Missile Man of India was an aerospace scientist. He served as 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007 and recipient of Bharat Ratna, highest civilian honor of India. Before we read the inspiring Abdul Kalam Quotes, let us know about his short biography.
APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15th October 1931 to a middle-class Tamil family of Dhanushkodi village Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu. His father Jainulabdeen was a fisherman, a boat owner and also imam of a local mosque, while his mother Ashiamma was a housewife. Kalam was the youngest of his five siblings including one sister. Due to failure of his family business, Kalam sold newspaper to supplement his family income.
In the school days, Kalam was average students but his dedication, hardworking and strong desire to learn makes him different from others. After completing his schooling from Schwartz Higher Secondary, Kalam went on to attend Saint Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli, under University of Madras and completed his graduate in Physics. For higher studies, He moved to madras to study aerospace engineering from Madras Institute of Technology.
After completing engineering, Kalam joined Aeronautical Development Establishment of the Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) as a scientist. After some times, Kalam was transferred to the Indian Space Research Organization ISRO in 1969 where he was a satellite launch project director which successfully deployed the Rohini satellite in near-earth orbit in July 1980.
Beside this, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam played a major role in developing many missiles under the mission including AGNI and PRITHVI. He also served as the Chief Scientist Adviser & Secretary of the DRDO from 1992 to 1999. The famous Pokhran-II nuclear tests were conducted during this period and he played an intensive political & technological role.
In the year 2002, NDA nominated Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam for the post of President. With the support from NCP and Samajwadi Partry, Kalam won the Presidential Elections and was elected as 11th President of India. His term lasted as the President of India from 25th July 2002 to 25th July 2007.
On 27th July 2015, during a lecture in the IIM Shillon, Dr. Abdul Kalam Kalam collapsed and rushed to Bethany Hospital where he confirmed of dead by cardiac arrest. His death was great loss to India and numerous tributes were paid to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam across the nation. The Government of India declared a 7-Day State Mourning Period as a mark of respect to the great soul of India.
APJ Abdul Kalam was one of the most loved personalities in India and world. He had a special bonding with kids for his loving, caring and generous nature. Kalam has written many popular books and shared his experiences and thought. Let us see some of the popular Abdul Kalam quotes.
Abdul Kalam Quotes
1. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
2. “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realise the great life.”
3. “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
4. “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”
APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes on success and failure.
5. “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means “First Attempt In Learning.”
6. “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.”
7. “If you want to shine like a sun, First burn like a sun.”
8. “Confidence and hard-work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. it will make you a successful person.”
9. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
10. “You have to DREAM before your DREAM can Come True.”
11. “Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.”
12. “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
13. “Success is when your signature turns into your autograph.”
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes on achievements.
14. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
15. “Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.”
16. “Love Your Job but don’t love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you.”
17. ‘It is very Easy To Defeat Someone, But it is Very Hard To Win Someone.”
18. “Your best teacher is your last mistake.”
19. “LIFE and TIME are the world’s best Teachers. Life teaches us to make good use of TIME and TIME teaches us the value of LIFE.”
20. “While children are struggling to be unique, the world around them is trying all means to make them look like everybody else.”
21. “The dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.”
22. “We Should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”
Abdul Kalam Quotes and thoughts on diverse topics.
23 “Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.”
24. “Thinking is the capital, an enterprise is a way, and hard work is the solution.”
25. “One best book is equal to a hundred good friends, but one good friend is equal to a library.”
26. “The essence of a happy life and a peaceful society lies in one sentence – What can I Give?”
27. “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”
28. “I am not a Handsome guy, but I can give my hand-to-some one who needs help. beauty is in the heart not in the face.”
29. “No sanction can stand against ignited minds.”
30. “Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.”
At the end I would like to say that these are some of the top Abdul Kalam quotes which keep us inspired and motivated in our daily life to move one step ahead to achieve our dreams.
Related: 120 inspiring life quotes- will make your life meaningful.