32 Best Swami Vivekananda Quotes that inspire us everyday.
Swami Vivekananda was a Hindu monk became globally famous after his address at the Parliament of Religions held at Chicago in 1893. He was a disciple of spiritual guru Swami Ramkrishna. Vivekananda was not only spiritual leader but also a philosopher, thinker, orator and patriot. He dedicated his life for betterment of poor and needy.
Swami Vivekananda quotes have been an inspiration to the millions. His words always give new energy, enthusiasm particularly to the youth. Let us share some of the top quotes of Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
1. “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” – Swami Vivekananda
2. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
3. “If money help a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.” – Swami Vivekananda
4. “That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.” – Swami Vivekananda
5. “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.” – Swami Vivekananda
6. “If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished.” – Swami Vivekananda
7. “Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.” – Swami Vivekananda
8. “In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.”- Swami Vivekananda
9. “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” – Swami Vivekananda
10. “Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.” – Swami Vivekananda
11. “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.” – Swami Vivekananda
12. “Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.” – Swami Vivekananda
13. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul”- Swami Vivekananda
Also Read: 30 Top Inspiring APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes
14. “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda
15. “They alone live, who live for others.” – Swami Vivekananda
16. “The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.” – Swami Vivekananda
17. “Whatever you think that you will be.
if you think yourself weak, weak you will be;
if you think yourself strong, you will be.” – Swami Vivekananda
18. “Take Risks in Your Life If u Win, U Can Lead! If u Lose, U Can Guide!” – Swami Vivekananda
19. “Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.”
20. “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes- Swami Vivekananda
21. “Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.” – Swami Vivekananda
22. “If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults?” – Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on dream
23. “A man is not poor without a rupee but a man is really poor without a dream and ambition.”
24. “Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can, build your hope on none.”
25. “Anything that makes weak – physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.”
26. “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda
27. “The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.” – Swami Vivekananda
28. “Learn Everything that is Good from Others, but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.” – Swami Vivekananda
29. “A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library; but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to.” – Swami Vivekananda
30. “Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda
31. “Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.”- Swami Vivekananda
32. “Doing good to others is the one great universal religion.” – Swami Vivekananda Quotes
33. “The reason for every misunderstanding is that we see the people as we are but not as they are.” – Swami Vivekananda
34. “Never think yourself weak.” – Swami Vivekananda
In conclusion, Swami Vivekananda quotes are a testament to his visionary thinking and profound insights into the human condition. His words have inspired countless individuals to seek spiritual and intellectual growth, and his teachings continue to resonate with people across the world. Vivekananda’s message of unity, compassion, and self-realization is especially relevant in today’s polarized world, reminding us of the importance of finding common ground and working towards the greater good. As we strive to navigate the challenges of the 21st century, let us draw inspiration from Vivekananda’s timeless wisdom and embody the principles of love, harmony, and service in our daily lives.
Note: You can get all the above Swami Vivekananda quotes in image without logo/ website name in our Quote App ‘Quote of Love Life and Bollywood’. Install it now and find thousands of high quality quotes on various topics completely free. Click here to install from Google Play Store.
- 30 Top Rabindranath Tagore Quotes that change your perspective towards life.
- 35 Top Shahrukh Khan Quotes that make your life practical.
- 120 Inspiring Life Quotes that will make your life more meaningful.